This week, my vinyl guy came through and handed me the door logos. The door logos are the same ones #18 is using. With my stripe being a slightly different color than his (his are paint, mine are plastidip) the red in the logo doesn’t match the stripes perfect. However, being as this is “temporary” until I save up enough to do a full repaint, I’m not going to worry about it. But he accidentally printed another hood JP18 instead of my JP29. Instead of having him redo it, i decided to just make a stencil and plastidip the hood logo same as I did on the side numbers. I got that done friday night.
Today, I installed the Whip CB antenna. Since I don’t have my light bar on yet, and may not until I do full paint, I attached it to the windshield with some zip ties for now. Not elegant, but functional. There was no actual CB in the movie cars, and I don’t have one, so at this time I am not worried about the antenna grounding. I’m not sure if I will get a CB or not, so for now (as in the movie) the antenna is just for looks.
I also installed, and wired up a license plate relocation and lights for my rear plate Colorado plate, which my custom JP 29 vanity came on friday. I will detail what I did for that later. For now here are some images of JP29 in her Version 1.
In these images, you can see some of the existing paint issues, and why I need to do a full paint job on it.